Everyone knows the importance of tire balancing after 5,000 miles on the road because the tire may become unevenly balanced with time. When this effect is multiplied by the four tires, imbalance may be causing severe vibration, especially when you are at high speeds. When the tires are unbalanced, they can also put uneven pressure on the treads as well, whereas the tire imbalance can strain the suspension system and the wheel bearings.
Wheel or tire balancing is quite a unique process where the combined tire weight is equalized so that it is able to spin smoothly at higher speeds. A tire balancer is helpful in centering the wheel and spin it to find out where the weights should be, and that is why it is crucial to have a correctly fitted tire balancer that can reduce any tire disturbances.
Best Tire and Wheel Balancing Machines: Most Accurate and Durable
The top tire and wheel balancers in the market today do not only center the wheels but also ensure that your cars are balanced accurately all throughout. They perform their function by measuring the amount of weight required to balance the wheel so as to reduce vibrations. This particular equipment is a must-have for those who own high-performance machines such as trucks, race cars, SUVs, etc., as these types of vehicles put more strain on tires thus needing proper balancing for smoother rides. Below is a list of brands that you can trust with their tire and wheel balancing machines
List of best wheel balancers and tire machines
Triumph NTB-800 Balancer
Triumph may be offering the most expensive tire balancer in the market, but it is capable of handling just about anything out there. The NTB-800 tire balancer is built by keeping professional use in mind, as it has a foot pedal that can hold the tire in place, thus making weight placement much more accessible. The process of setting up the balancer is also easy as you don't have to enter all three dimensions, as the measuring arm can enter the other two settings automatically. The machine can measure weights of up to 8 ounces. This particular tire balancer is also said to be one of the most durable units out there that can handle up to 2,000 lbs. However, it is worth mentioning that this equipment does not come with any warranty whatsoever.
The Triumph NTB-800 Balancer comes with tires and wheels which you can choose from depending on your preferences. This unit features a solid steel work stand, along with the latest system that eliminates tire rotation during balancing procedure. It also has an easy-to-use weight placement tool, as well as rubber tires for smoother operation.
- Can hold the tire in place to make weight placement much more accessible
- Foot pedal runs on 6V rechargeable batteries that are included upon purchase
- Measures dimension up to 6 x 6 x 5 inches without arm extension and weigh 12 pounds
- Holds the tire firmly in place during the balancing process
- Digital measurement ensures accurate readings every time you use it
- Does not come with a warranty of any kind whatsoever
XK USA 680 Balancer
The XK 680 tire balancer offers some features that can make the wheel balancing process much more manageable. You will find it to be an excellent budget option if you want to install a wide or a run-flat-tire. There is no doubt that the 680 balancer provides great value for money with a number of advanced features that can provide top performance. With its easy-to-use digital system, tire balancing can be as simple as a push of a button. This particular model is also one of the most durable units in the market today as it can endure up to 2,000 lbs.
- Digital display for accurate results every time you need to use it
- Can handle weights of up to 8 ounces and measures dimensions at 9 x 7 x 5 inches (without arm extension)
- Accurate weight measurements with a digital panel that ensures quick and precise readings during the wheel balancing process
- No warranty included upon purchase; must pay extra for extended warranty plans after purchasing this product
KATOOL wheel balancer
The KATOOL wheel balancer is one of the most capable machines out there as it offers a good set of features. In order to give added durability, the body is made from high-strength steel and has multiple modes so that it can easily accommodate the majority of tires and wheels by diagnosing the fault and having a self-calibration program. An optional wheel guard can stop water from spraying dirt on people or other equipment when the tire is being balanced.
- Built-in feature for diagnosing problems on your wheel
- Capable of handling weights of up to 8 ounces with tire measurements of 5 x 6 inches (using arm extension)
- Can balance multiple wheel sizes by automatically adjusting the measuring angles and self-calibrating when required during the wheel balancing process
- Does not include a warranty; must pay for additional warranty plan, which is sold separately after purchase
This is one of the better available units with some great features, as it offers self-calibrating as well as a diagnosis program that you may not find in many balancers. It has several modes of balancing for different wheel types, whereas it also has a multi-operator mode, which can be great for any busy repair shop. This can save you time, primarily when you work on several cars with different people.
- Capable of handling weights up to 8 ounces with 2.75 x 6 inches tire measurements (using arm extension)
- Accurate self-calibration mode ensures precision every time you use it to balance your wheels
- Powerful balancing machine capable of diagnosing problems on your wheels while also self-calibrating when required during the wheel balancing process
- No warranty included; must pay extra for extended warranty plans after purchasing this product
The Balancer by HPDMC offers you all the essentials that may be needed for the majority of cars. You can quickly enter the wheel information with its anti-reflective touch panel and a quick-nut adapter that can be helpful to keep the wheel centered so that you can balance accurately. This tire balancer is capable of balancing wheels on the majority of car and truck tires with a diameter of up to 39”.
- Capable of handling weights up to 8 ounces with tire measurements of 4.7 x 7.87 inches (arm extended)
- Can balance multiple wheel sizes by automatically adjusting the measuring angles and self-calibrating when required during a wheel balancing process
- Does not come with a warranty, so you have to pay extra for extended warranty plans after purchasing this product
The most advanced tire balancer helps to check the wheel assembly for balance. It also guides the technician about where the weight has to be added. This way, the technician knows how to address any problems responsible for tire vibration or any concerns related to drivability once the tire is remounted on the vehicle. The balancer comes with arm extensions to accommodate larger wheels.